Scholarship Summary Information 2012 - 2013
THE LORAN AWARDS
The Loran Awards program was founded to fund outstanding students to study on Canadian university campuses. Thery are valued at up to $75,000 over four years, and include access to funding and internships through summer programs, invitations to annual gatherings and forums, and mentorship opportunities.
- Present a minimum cumulative average of 85%
- Hold Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status
- Excellence in character, service and leadership with diverse interests, accomplishments and effective communication skills
September 28, 2012 to be considered for nomination as a KCS sponsored candidate. For detailed information see the Loran Awards page in the Specific Scholarship Information section.
T.D. CANADA TRUST SCHOLARSHIPS FOR OUTSTANDING COMMUNITY LEADERSHIP
This scholarship acknowledges young Canadians who have demonstrated:
- Outstanding and consistent concerns for the improvement of the community around them
- Possess strong academic skills to successfully enter and complete college or university
- Are in their final year of high school
December 7, 2012.
For further information, go to www.tdcanadatrust.com/scholarship
FATHER TED COLLETON SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Eligible candidates must:
- Be in grade 11 or 12
- Submit a letter of reference from a school staff member or a community representative
- Provide a self-profile outlining participation in school life/community activities and a description of their interest/involvement in the pro-life cause
- Submit a typed original essay on a given topic
See Mrs. Hallonquist for further information.
- Students whose final grade 11 marks average 90% or better will be offered a $1000 scholarship.
- Eligible students must apply for admission to UVic online at www.uvic.ca/apply; then visit www.uvic.ca/self-reporting to self-report their final grade 11marks.